Thursday, March 24, 2016

Blog Post #6: Evolution of the iPhone


Hello again!

I'm halfway through "spring break", and I feel like the only thing I've done is homework. I'm one of those people who likes to get their homework done ahead of time, but sometimes I can be a procrastinator. One of my biggest distractions is my iPhone. My senior year of high school, I caved and got an iPhone like all of my friends, and it's safe to say I will never turn back. I love my iPhone. It has everything I need all at the tip of my fingers. What amazes me is how far the iPhone has come since it first came out in 2007. Apple has done an incredible job with the development of their iPhones and other technologies over the years. I currently own an iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 (I did have an iPod nano until I lost it in February). I honestly believe I will be forever loyal to the Apple brand, simply because their technologies are top of the line and reliable.

Every year, Apple releases a new iPhone in September. The marketing team for Apple creates commercials to hype new consumers up about the release of a brand-new, better-than-ever phone. Below is the teaser trailer for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which released last year.



One thing that blows my mind about Apple is that they are constantly coming up with new ideas for their new products. Just when the consumer thinks the iPhone can't get any better, it does. Every generation of iPhones undergoes product modification, with changes to the shape, size, and features. These revolutionary features can transform how the consumer conducts work and every-day life. I generally use my iPhone for social media, taking pictures, and surfing the web. The new camera features make it easier for the consumer to take and share pictures, all with the click of a button. The iOS software, installed on every iPhone, is continuously improving to fix bugs and make the iPhone experience faster and easier.

I would say that Apple is reaching the peak of its growth stage. This means that profits have hit the peak and changes to the product are made. Distribution is broadened at this point, making the iPhone and other products accessible all around the globe. In order to keep the brand growing, Apple must produce new, revolutionary products that consumers will want. An example of this is the development of the iPads. The iPad was first announced in 2010, and it was very successful. The iPad hit a wider target market. Not only can adults use iPads for work and leisure, but children can too, through the use of apps to further their learning and curiosity. One thing Apple had to be careful about was the possibility of the iPad cannibalizing the other products' sales. However, with the popularity of the iPhone and ease of use, I think it's safe to say that iPhones won't go out of style for quite some time.

Apple has created a strong brand of simplistic, stylish, and accessible phones and other devices. Every generation of iPhones and iPads comes with new features and styles that suit the needs of any consumer. I'm always connected to the important people in my life. It's safe to say I will always own an iPhone. Until my contract ends next May, I will only get glimpses of the new iPhones from my friends and on TV. Hopefully I can last that long.

Until next time,

Courtney





Sources

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FSv12NlGoac/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb1Rm9VyII8

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/10/ipad-mini-1351017524.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment