Sunday, February 7, 2016

Blog Post #2: Sweet Treats from Lake Champlain Chocolates


Hello everyone!

Image result for valentine's day clip artIt's that time of year again. Store aisles are overflowing with heart-shaped chocolates, giant stuffed bears, and adorable Valentine's Day cards. I can smell the red roses from my dorm room. Although I do love receiving these cute little gifts for Valentine's Day, I always find it so difficult to shop for my significant other. I'm sure many people agree that Valentine's Day is a woman's holiday, where the women are showered with gifts from their lovers. But I also believe that men should receive something in return too. That's why this Valentine's Day, I'll be getting my guy some seriously sweet treats, in the form of chocolate.


But before I introduce my favorite chocolate shop, let me share with you some interesting statistics for Valentine's Day:

  • The average annual Valentine's Day spending is over $13 billion.
  • It's estimated that $1.7 billion is spent on candy alone 
  • For gifts most given on Valentine's Day, candy makes up 47.5%
  • Number of places producing chocolate and cocoa products: 1,233

Valentine Chocolate Truffles Heart BoxMy go-to place for anything sweet is Lake Champlain Chocolates (LCC). Located on Church Street, this small shop has everything that will satisfy your sweet tooth. My personal favorites are the truffles (expensive but worth it) and chocolate-covered pretzels. When customers walk into their store, a display is set up in the window that shows what the employees have been making recently. When I visited the store in the fall, caramel apples were on display in the window. Although I didn't buy one, they caught my eye and made me want to look around the store for other sweet treats.

If you visit Lake Champlain Chocolate's website (I wouldn't suggest doing this while you're hungry), the front page is covered with their signature Valentine's Day assortments and gifts for loved ones. If you click on the "Shop Valentine Gifts" link, it will bring you to pages and pages of different chocolates to choose from. Chances are, I will buy my guy an assortment, so he can get a taste of everything that Lake Champlain Chocolates has to offer.

Since Lake Champlain Chocolates was founded in 1983, it has developed a strong brand name, which is any word, device (design, sound, shape, or color), or combination of these used to distinguish a seller's products or services. If anyone has heard the name "Lake Champlain Chocolates" they would think of a quality chocolate shop from Vermont. But I also think the packaging distinguishes them from other competitors. In my mind right now, I imagine a box of chocolate with brown and green designs and the Lake Champlain Chocolates logo on the top (I was spot on). How did I remember this off the top of my head? It's because LCC has built up a powerful brand that will stick in its consumers' minds. Of course other consumers may imagine a different packaging style, but this one will always remind me of the delicious chocolates that LCC has to offer.

Tomorrow I will make the trip down to Lake Champlain Chocolates on Church Street and try to restrain myself from buying everything in the shop. But I'm 99% sure I'll be walking out of there with a few raspberry dark chocolate truffles in hand. Until then, my mouth will be watering at the thought of all those chocolates waiting to be taken home.

I'll see you next time!

Courtney




Sources:

http://www.valentines-daycards.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Valentines-day-clipart.jpg

http://www.statisticbrain.com/valentines-day-statistics/ 

http://www.business2community.com/trends-news/valentines-day-spending-statistics-2015-01153592#5rSXjty1fKgJbr78.97

http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com

http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/350x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/h/chocolate-truffle-heart-box_2.jpg

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2012/06/18/9614329/24pc%20Choc%20of%20VT.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment